Thursday, January 24, 2008

I was shocked and saddened to learn of Dr. Pyryt's untimely passing last week. I met Dr. Pyryt over seven years ago when I first became involved with Alberta's Gifted and Talented Education Council. As a beginning teacher of gifted students, I embraced the opportunity to pick Dr. Pyryt's brain regarding many aspects of gifted education. Following numerous like conversations with Drs. Pyryt and Mendaglio, I decided to pursue a Master's in Gifted Education through the University of Calgary. Dr. Pyryt was instrumental in helping me create a highly individualized program to meet my interests and needs. In fact, this semester Dr. Pyryt would have been supervising my practicum in gifted education. I regret that he will not see me graduate this spring. By continuing my studies at the doctoral level in the future, I hope to make him proud. Thank you, Dr. Pyryt. You will be missed.

Tonje M. Caine

No comments: